WHY CHOOSE THIS MODEL?
Self-healing TruUltra material is good for over 1000 nerve block needle insertions.
TruNerve Block is unlike any other ultrasound trainer. Innovation, longevity and lifelike anatomical details make this model ideal for effective training and demonstrations.
3 in 1 task trainer
- IV cannulation of multiple veins
- Regional anaesthesia practicing around the nerve
- Bone fracture identification
Built to last
- Exclusive self-healing TruUltra material is designed to withstand repeated use
- Comfortably facilitates the insertion of over 1000 nerve block needles
- Left overnight, TruUltra regenerates up to 90%
- Tested for over 1000 incisions without fail
True to life
- Clearly defined fascia layers, veins, arteries, nerve and bone match acoustic characteristics of real human tissues
- Unique, fully-integrated fluid management system replicates realistic blood flow in an adult
- Positive flashback upon needle entry
- Real-feel vascular ‘tenting’ upon entry into vessel
- Realistic muscle fluid absorption
- High-quality imaging with Colour Doppler visualization
Easy and clean
- Comes fully assembled in a durable carry case for easy transport and safe storage
- Arrives ready to use for nerve block training with TruUltra fluid pre-installed
- Simple design for efficiently replacing the insert or switching procedure training types
- Quick-flow blood mechanism is easy to refill
- No mess! Our unique design means no leaks occur
NERVE BLOCK ULTRASOUND
Replacing the nerve block insert is fast and simple.
Ultrasound-guided peripheral nerve blocks (PNB) improve patient safety by allowing the visualization of the needle’s path to the target nerve. Extensive training is required to recognize 3D structures in a flat image and successfully guide the needle tip position.
TruNerve Block is an ideal regional anesthesia ultrasound training block model. Trainees practice technical and imaging skills including:
- Probe positioning and movement with ultrasound system controls
- Dexterity while practicing ultrasound scan and needling techniques
- Recognition of arterial and vein vessels and nerves in soft responsive tissue
- Using ultrasound to differentiate nerve from surrounding anatomical structures
- Practice in-plane and out-of-plane approaches to nerve
- Using ultrasound to target the nerves for ultrasound-guided regional anaesthesia
- Visualizing the delivery and distribution of simulated local anesthetic solution
- Gaining proficiency and confidence in ultrasound-guided nerve blocks
Ultrasound model nerve block features:
- 2 blood vessels positioned at differing depths and course throughout – surrounding vessels are used as reference points to differentiate from the nerve
- Practice visualizing the artery and vein laterally beside the nerve
- Verify needle tip location and practice entire regional anaesthesia procedure
- Simulated anaesthetics can be injected into the model with visual air and fluid retention possible alongside the nerve
- Fluids can be easily removed through our innovative self-contained fluid management system for efficient repeat training
- When trainee accurately accesses the vessels, positive fluid flow provides feedback they’ve cannulated the targeted vessel
ULTRASOUND IV SIMULATOR
Realistic training in ultrasound IV placement
TruNerve Block allows for effective practice of ultrasound-guided intravenous cannulation. Ideal for ultrasound vascular access courses, ultrasound training for nurses, and emergency medicine.
Ultrasound IV features:
- Two embedded vessels, small/large and shallow/deep
- Realistic flashback upon entry into blood vessel
- Real-feel vascular ‘tenting’ upon entry into vessel
- Colour Doppler detection of blood flow
- Self-healing TruUltra material leaves minimal marks & regenerates up to 90% within 24h
- Innovative design means NO LEAKS
- We recommend a 21G needle size for optimal performance.
Durable trainer for cost-effective practice
Time and training are required to gain proficiency in ultrasound-guided IV insertion. Our self-healing TruUltra material is designed with withstand repeated practice in a busy setting.
Left overnight, TruUltra regenerates up to 90%, giving trainees fresh material without needle tracks. This trainer has been tested for over 1000 needle incisions without fail.
The blood refill mechanism is fast and easy. Snap-fit fluid connectors mean NO MESS. Replacing the insert is quick and simple so you can get back to training!
Ultrasound-guided IV tips
IV cannulation is a common procedure, usually accomplished quickly and without problems. In cases where intravenous access is complicated (by obesity, IV drug abuse or edema for example), using ultrasound to gain vascular access can be an effective solution.
Tips for practicing ultrasound-guided IV placement:
- Be ready with all the supplies you need at hand, and extras within arm’s reach.
- Position the patient and the ultrasound machine correctly. Make sure the patient is comfortable and that the machine is on the opposite side of the arm (or training model) being used, angled so you have an unobstructed view of the screen.
- Practice both short axis and long axis approaches to become familiar with both longitudinal and transverse views of blood vessels and tissue.
- Be aware of compressing soft tissues and veins with the ultrasound probe. The depth of a blood vessel can appear different when pressure is applied.
- If necessary, flush the line with saline after placement to verify integrity. You should see turbulence inside the vein if it’s placed correctly (and leakage into the surrounding tissues with insertion failure).
ULTRASOUND BONE IMAGING
TruNerve Block provides realistic training in ultrasound bone fracture identification. Ideal for clinicians, emergency medicine and medical education facilities.
Ultrasound bone fracture model features:
- Acoustic shadow artefact in the hypoechoic region deep to a hyperechoic bone outline
- Bone and soft tissues match acoustic properties of human tissues
- High-quality imaging
- Fracture assessment detection
- Diagnosing bone stress injury
TruNerve Block is extremely durable and designed for efficient repeat training. The trainer can be used with any ultrasound imaging system with an appropriate transducer, including point of care ultrasound devices. Learn more about prehospital ultrasound training products.
Medical professionals can practice realistic fractured bone identification using ultrasound.
Advantages of ultrasound bone imaging
Also known as fracture sonography, ultrasound bone fracture detection is an option for visualizing fractures on just the surface of bones. It has been used successfully to identify fractures of the wrist (ulna/radius), elbow, shoulder, and clavicle.
- Reduced time to diagnosis
- Reduced radiation exposure
- Greater convenience (can be done bedside)
- Greater accessibility (especially in prehospital or resource-poor settings)
Ultrasonography in pediatric medicine
Since all fractures alter the bone surface, using ultrasound instead of X-ray diagnosis is helpful for patients younger than 12 (since joint fractures are rare in this age group).
Making bone fracture identification more accessible
Ultrasonography to detect bone fracture has been used as an alternative to X-Ray or MRI for remote triage of injuries and in healthcare settings with limited resources.
Ultrasound devices are more common than X-ray imaging equipment, however, the accuracy of ultrasound bone imaging depends on the skills of the operator.
TruNerve Block is a lightweight, portable training block model facilitating efficient training in ultrasound bone fracture identification plus nerve blocks and IV placement.