AirSim Difficult Airway
Adult intubation head trainer provides a solution for varying degrees of difficulty when practicing airway management. This versatile model ranges from challenging to very difficult to intubate, facilitating a variety of training scenarios from beginner to advanced users .
The AirSim Difficult Airway has been designed to improve management of the unanticipated difficult intubation in accordance with the Difficult Airway Society guidelines.
- The internal airway has an enlarged tongue, swollen posterior cartilages and an elongated epiglottis to provide a challenging airway management user experience.
- Adjustable from normal to complete airway obstruction.
- Sudden closure of the vocal cords can be simulated.
- Upon successful user action, laryngospasm can be mechanically reversed to provide positive feedback
- Ability to displace the larynx into a more anterior position to make visualisation of the vocal cords more challenging.
- Adjustable to provide various levels of difficulty.
- The tongue can be swollen to simulate various degrees of tongue angioedema.
Receding / protruding Mandible
- Various degrees of malocclusion, one mandibular variant and two maxillary variants.
- Overbite and underbite features simulated
- Ability to grossly restrict mouth opening to make insertion of airway devices more challenging
Neck lock / Head rotation restriction
- Ability to simulate cervical arthropathy through restricting the range of motion of cervical spine
- Neck lock / Head rotation restriction
Simulate needle and surgical cricothyroidotomy and percutaneous tracheostomy.
- Easy identification of sternal notch, tracheal rings & cricoid and laryngeal cartilages
- Interchangeable larynx allows quick and easy repeated use
- Wraparound replaceable neck skin rotates for 10-15 incisions
All features can be activated quickly and effortlessly by the instructor to create a more challenging or easier experience. The features can be used in isolation or combined to deliver a scenario with numerous variations of difficulty.
Select skin tone:
Contact a specialist
Our product specialists are happy to assist with pricing, information and other enquiries. Please fill out this form or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back in touch as soon as possible